PSPLIB-ENERGY: a PSPLIB extension for evaluating energy optimization in MRCPSP
PSPLIB-ENERGY library is an extension of the Project Scheduling Problem Library - PSPLIB to provide problem sets for evaluation of energy optimization in the multi-mode resource-constrained project scheduling problems.
- Data of activities, durations and resource requeriments are the same, as they are obtained from PSPLIB.
- Each activity can be performed under different energy requeriments. Each alternative energy consumption by the activity involves different duration of execution.
- The goal of solving methods is to plan the sequence of activities and energy consumption of each activity in order to maximice energy efficiency (i.e.: minimize the combination of makespan and energy consumption) of projects.
- Data sets and solutions.
- Collaboration. Sending solutions.
- More information about the library, about downloading. etc.
- Most successful algorithms to solve the PSPLIB-ENERGY library.
- Genetic Algorithm with Aggressive Mutation (GA-AM) for solving the standard RCPSP.
An extension of the PSPLIB library is presented. This extension incorporates to each instance of RCPSP (Resource Constrained Project Scheduling Problem), belonging to the library, a model of energy consumption to compare new heuristic scheduling techniques. The resulting instances are called MRCPSP-ENERGY. This proposal provides an alternative to the current trend of many studies in the field of optimization and manufacturing that demand the inclusion of components to reduce the environmental impact and ecological issues in the process of decision making.